Fitness Search Simplified
Fitness is a journey, not a destination.
Find Your Fit
Get Started Today!
Meet Our Bloggers
Active Lifestyle Coach
Sabine St. Pierre
T. Bryan Miller MD
“Widely known as the Tree of Life”
“Considered by many to be the strongest tree in the world”
“Baobabs are known to live for more than 1,500 years”
Baobab is a fitness lifestyle guide and a directory with a collection of resources to help you on your journey. By joining the Baobab community you will be able to find a gym that has babysitting, a meal prep service that caters to keto or vegan diet, an OnDemand workout subscription based on the style of exercise you enjoy….you get the idea. It’s about empowering you with information so that you can make the right choices for you. Plus…. it’s free!
Baobab’s goal is to empower you with knowledge…. that’s it. The rest is up to you!
Why a Fit Lifestyle?
- Increase Life Expectancy: It is well documented that a healthy lifestyle can substantially increase life expectancy.
- Our Nation is Overweight: 2/3 of adults in America are either obese or overweight. The United States is one of the wealthiest nations worldwide, but according to the American Health Association Journal, Americans have a shorter life expectancy compared with residents of almost all other high-income countries.
- Prevention over Treatment: According to Harvard Medical School study, in the US we tend to spend outlandishly on developing fancy drugs and other treatments for diseases, rather than on trying to prevent them.
- Reduce Stress and Anxiety: Many studies show that exercise lowers your stress and anxiety levels. Exercise is a healthy outlet and a key part of living a fit life.
- Increase Confidence and Self Love: Love your body and feed your mind. Exercise releases endorphins which act like little happy pills. Healthy eating fuels your body with all you need. Invest in you and your body and mind will love you for it.
Recipes We Love
Most people with food allergies shy away from recipes with the unwanted ingredient(s) listed. For example, if they are allergic to soy, they skip over recipes with soy in them, they don't even look at them. As a chef who specializes in allergen conscious cuisine, I...
If you are like me, you love ginger ale but do not like all the artificial ingredients and how sweet it tastes. I find it too sweet. I experimented with my own recipe inspired by one of my idols, the Food Babe. What’s great about making you own is that you can adjust...
Items We Love
One of the biggest concerns I hear about a plant-based diet is the fear that it’s really expensive. In today’s blog post for Baobab, I want to explore this myth, break down what is constituting the bulk of spending, and give you some healthy and inexpensive...
Omnivore. Vegetarian. Vegan. Plant based. In a world of ever fluctuating dieting culture and macro tracking, you’ve probably heard of these terms before. The “newest” trend to emerge (although actually not quite new at all) is “plant-based” and it’s picking up steam...
Ready to Make a Change?
Join today to get special access to healthy lifestyle tips, fitness advice and advanced weight tracking.