- Based on the concept of the glycemic index (GI) and glycemic load (GL).
- This diet recommends you eat foods that are low in GI index (55 rating or lower) and with a GL rating under 100.
- Research shows low GI food options can contribute to better health and may even reduce the risk of some diseases.
- Developed in order to help diabetes individuals control their blood glucose level
- Can be cumbersome to some people since you must check the GI value of food.
- Not primarily designed as a weight loss diet