- Mostly vegan but diet allows for 5-10% of animal-based foods (such as meat, fish, dairy, etc).
- Low in saturated fat and no cholesterol
- Many studies have shown that vegetarian, vegan, and plant-based diets are kinder to the planet: Less land used for raising and feeding livestock; less pollution; less energy use; and fewer “greenhouse gas” emissions that contribute to global warming.
- A lot of research shows lower risks of diabetes, CVD, Colon, and breast cancers
- For most people, it is a lifestyle diet. The primary goal is often not weight loss but overall health and animal and environmental protection.
- Will likely have to take a B12 supplement