- No animal product or by-products including dairy, meats, and fish.
- Vegans eat a lot of veggies, legumes, whole grains, tofu, soy, plant-based proteins, etc.
- Low in saturated fat and no cholesterol
- Many studies have shown that vegetarian diets are kinder to the planet: Less land used for raising and feeding livestock; less pollution; less energy use; and fewer “greenhouse gas” emissions that contribute to global warming.
- Will need to take a B12 supplement
- Many experts agree that meat-replacement diets such as Vegan, Vegetarian, and Plant-Based would be far superior to the typical American diet.
- A lot of research shows lower risks of diabetes, CVD, Colon, and breast cancers
- For most people, it is a lifestyle diet. The primary goal is often not weight loss but overall health and animal and environmental protection.